Blacks Vets Hospital acknowledges that operations affect the environment in many ways. As such, are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance with our services and operations.
Blacks Vets are proud to be working towards their Bronze accreditation from Investors in the Environment (iiE).
We have identified the following key environmental aspects that contribute to our carbon footprint:
- Consumption of electricity, gas, water and other fuels
- Use of anaesthetic gases
- Waste generation
- Transport emissions
- Use of raw materials, including prescribed drugs and medicines
- Procured goods and services with their environment impact
Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- Commitment to net-zero carbon emissions target by 2040 in alignment with Mars Sustainable in a Generation and Linnaeus sustainability policies
- Compliance with applicable environmental regulations and public/customer expectations
- Monitoring our key resource usage and implementing conservation techniques to achieve our environmental targets
- Implement a waste/recycling policy and sustainable procurement policy
- Minimising unsustainable transport use
- Working with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and transportation
- Publishing and distribution of an annual organisational sustainability report
The introduction and implementation of the Environmental Policy is a commitment of Blacks Vets management and shared responsibility with our Associates. Viki Barnett is the Sustainability Champion and has designated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy.
As part of the Black Vets’ overall environment management planned, the policy will be reviewed annually.
Signed: Penelope Fox
Position: Regional Director
Date: 21 August 2020
Contact details for sustainability enquiries: Ellie West, Clinical Veterinary Anaesthetist (firstname.lastname@example.org)