Branch Manager Veterinary Surgeon
by Blacks Vets
Enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon with a passion for consulting required to lead one of our award winning friendly branch teams. All branches have the support of our Accredited Veterinary Hospital in Dudley and our other surrounding local branches (On the leafy edge of the West Midlands, but all within 30 mins of Birmingham City centre). We are looking for a candidate with a strong passion for consulting, who is keen to drive business and is looking to enjoy the rewards for their effort via a franchise model rewards package.
We are a small animal, First Opinion and Referral Practice with a strong vet team of 16 including 5 Certificate holders (Cardiology, Soft tissue/Orthopaedic Surgery, Medicine, Dermatology, and Advanced Veterinary Practice).
Priding ourselves on being family vets for family pets, we have constantly pushed the boundaries on delivering the highest pet care through the calibre and qualifications of our Vets and Nurses and through the friendliness and professionalism of our Client Care teams. Big enough to offer award winning care, facilities and expertise for the Black Country's much-loved pets. Small enough to care for client and employees alike treating them as unique individuals - family matters to us.
Twice voted as Best UK Vet by the pet owning public, Vet Wellbeing Award Winners 2018, Highly Acclaimed 2019, Local Chamber of Commerce Workplace Wellbeing winners 2018, Express and Star Best Place to Work 2019, RCVS Outstanding Client Experience Award at all branches, BVRA Receptionist of the Year Winner 2019, Winner of Practice of the Year, and featured on Prime-time TV, joining the Blacks Team places you amongst the best in the industry and at the heart of veterinary excellence. Want to be in our gang?…
- Salary - We will not be beaten on salary
- Health Plan
- Mental Health Support
- CPD allowance per annum for relevant external CPD
- Certificate funding if needed
- RCVS/BSAVA/VDS membership funded
- Staff discount on pet care
In role benefits
- Support of 16 vets, 24 RVNs on a ratio of 1:2, and the Client Care team on a ratio of 1:5
- 15 minute consultations
- High % insured client base with dedicated Insurance team of 7 to process claims and provide guidance.
- 4.5-day week (part time role considered)
- Superior care and professional satisfaction of providing our own in-house OOH, while on attractive rota of approx. 1:10 weekends with a 4-day weekend the following week.
- Access to state of the art diagnostic equipment, and 11 operating theatre via the hospital
- Overnight on call 1:10, fully supported with back up from our 4 Clinical Directors
- On site accommodation for on call OOH if required
- Access to and support from our 5 Certificate holders, with an established mentoring programme
- Dedicated Vet Development Co-ordinator
- Weekly in house CPD during normal working hours
- Case opportunities from across the branches
- Long term career opportunities, Certificate, and Branch Management are all possibilities.
- Off rota induction programme
- Sabbatical opportunities after 24 months
Rewards and perks (We will not be beaten on salary)
- Assistance with relocation
- A rewarding role with a great forward-thinking team, independently voted twice as ‘Best UK Vet’ and ‘Practice of the Year’. Featured on Channel 4’s The Interview and BBC2's Me and My Dog.
- Regular colleague and family social events for those who want to be involved
- Internal recognition scheme
- Cycle to work scheme supported
- Annual leave of 34 days per year (including bank holidays)
Where We Are
Whilst Dudley and the West Midlands are not always on the top of every traveller’s wish list (our clients quite rightly disagree…) we have a real gem here – it is a great place to live and work. Clients are easy to get on with and generally very welcoming of new vets.
Apart from a central location with easy motorway access to anywhere in the country, Birmingham (which most people know from BSAVA Congress) is only fifteen minutes away, offering rich culture and night life. All of our surgeries are within fifteen minutes of Green Belt with lots of great villages and pubs in nearby leafy Worcestershire, Staffordshire and Shropshire, providing the best of both worlds – vibrant city and beautiful countryside all within a short drive.
Come and join the Blacks Family Fun
Drop us a line with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org