Veterinary Surgeon – Imaging
by Blacks Vets
Enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon with 5+ years’ experience required to join our award winning friendly team, at our Accredited Veterinary Hospital in Dudley and surrounding local branches (On the leafy edge of the West Midlands, but all within 30 mins of Birmingham City centre). We are an Independent small animal, First Opinion and Referral Practice with a strong vet team of 15 including 4 Certificate holders (Cardiology, Dermatology, Soft tissue/Orthopaedic, and Surgery).
Applicants should have their Certificate in Imaging or be working towards it, be enthusiastic in all aspects of 1st opinion general practice veterinary care, including emergency care and consulting. We have a high volume of radiology, and ultrasonography with occasional MRI (on a demand basis) supported by our veterinary team. This will give you the ability to develop your own case load and be the master of your own development.
Priding ourselves on being family vets for family pets, we have constantly pushed the boundaries on delivering the highest pet care through the calibre and qualifications of our Vets and Nurses and through the friendliness and professionalism of our Client Care teams. Big enough to offer award winning care, facilities and expertise for the Black Country's much-loved pets. Small enough to care for client and employees alike treating them as unique individuals - family matters to us.
Twice voted as Best UK Vet by the pet owning public, Vet Well Being Award Winners 2018, RCVS Outstanding Client Experience Award at all branches, Winner of Practice of the Year, and featured on Prime-time TV, joining the Award-Winning Blacks Team places you amongst the best in the industry and at the heart of veterinary excellence. Want to be in our gang?…:
- Starting Salary - 50-70K - We will not be beaten on salary
- CPD allowance per annum of £1500 for relevant external CPD
- Certificate funding if needed
- RCVS/BSAVA/VDS membership funded
- Staff discount on pet care
- Staff discount on Petplan Insurance
In role benefits
- Access to state of the art diagnostic equipment, and 11 operating theatres
- Support of 15 vets, 24 RVNs on a ratio of 1:2, and the Client Care team on a ratio of 1:515 minute consultations
- High % insured client base with dedicated Insurance team of 7 to process claims and provide guidance.
- 4 or 4.5-day week
- Superior care and professional satisfaction of providing our own in-house OOH, while on attractive rota of approx. 1:10 weekends with a 4-day weekend the following week.
- Overnight weeknight on call 1:10, fully supported with back up from our 4 partners
- On site accommodation for on call OOH if required
- Access to and support from our 4 Certificate holders, with an established mentoring programme
- Off rota induction programme
- Team buddy in addition to mentor to support your integration to the team
- Imaging case opportunities from across the branches
- Weekly in house CPD
- Long term career opportunities, Certificate, and Branch Management are all possibilities.
- Sabbatical opportunities after 24 months
Rewards and perks (We will not be beaten on salary)
- Assistance with relocation
- A rewarding role with a great forward-thinking team, independently voted twice as ‘Best UK Vet’ and ‘Practice of the Year’. Featured on Channel 4’s The Interview and BBC2 Me and My Dog.
- Regular colleague and family social events for those who want to be involved
- Internal recognition scheme
- Cycle to work scheme supported
- Annual leave of 33 days per year (including bank holidays)
Where We Are
Whilst Dudley and the West Midlands are not always on the top of every traveller’s wish list (our clients quite rightly disagree…), we have a real gem here – it is a great place to live and work. Clients are easy to get on with and generally very welcoming of new vets.
Apart from a central location with easy motorway access to anywhere in the country, Birmingham (which most people know from BSAVA Congress) is only fifteen minutes away, offering rich culture and night life. All of our surgeries are within fifteen minutes of Green Belt with lots of great villages and pubs in nearby leafy Worcestershire, Staffordshire and Shropshire, providing the best of both worlds – vibrant city and beautiful countryside all within a short drive.
Come and join the Blacks Family Fun
Drop us a line with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org