Hospital Veterinary Surgeon
by Blacks Vets
Enthusiastic Hospital Veterinary Surgeon required to join our award-winning friendly team, at our Accredited Veterinary Hospital in Dudley and surrounding local branches (On the leafy edge of the West Midlands, but all within 30 mins of Birmingham City centre). We are an Independent Small Animal, First Opinion and Referral Practice with a strong vet team of 15+ including 5 Certificate holders (Cardiology, Soft tissue/Orthopaedic Surgery, Medicine, Dermatology, and Advanced Veterinary Practice)
The ideal candidate will have a Certificate in Medicine or Critical Care or be actively working towards one OR be a senior vet with 5+ years’ experience in first opinion practise.
Applicants with less experience but a keen interest in medicine are also welcomed to apply, with the role being adjusted accordingly.
Applicants should be enthusiastic in all aspects of 1st opinion general practice veterinary care, including emergency care and consulting. Be highly organised, a powerful team member and in receipt of excellent communication skills with clients, team members, and suppliers. With five first opinion branches transferring into the hospital plus 24/7 out of hours care there is a variety of case load to support clinical progression and be the master of your own development.
Priding ourselves on being family vets for family pets, we have constantly pushed the boundaries on delivering the highest pet care through the calibre and qualifications of our Vets and Nurses and through the friendliness and professionalism of our Client Care teams. Big enough to offer award winning care, facilities and expertise for the Black Country's much-loved pets. Small enough to care for client and employees alike treating them as unique individuals - family matters to us.
Twice voted as Best UK Vet by the pet owning public, Vet Well Being Award Winners 2018, Highley Acclaimed 2019, Local Chamber of Commerce Best Place to Work winners 2018, RCVS Outstanding Client Experience Award at all branches, BVRA Receptionist of the Year Winner 2019, Winner of Practice of the Year, and featured on Prime-time TV, joining the Blacks Team places you amongst the best in the industry and at the heart of veterinary excellence. Want to be in our gang?…
- Starting Salary - We will not be beaten on salary
- Health Plan
- CPD allowance per annum for relevant external CPD
- Certificate funding if needed
- RCVS/BSAVA/VDS membership funded
- Staff discount on pet care
- Staff discount on Petplan Insurance
In role benefits
- Access to state of the art diagnostic equipment, and 11 operating theatres (CT scanner soon)
- Support of 15 vets, 24 RVNs on a ratio of 1:2, and the Client Care team on a ratio of 1:5
- 15 minute consultations
- High % insured client base with dedicated Insurance team of 7 to process claims and provide guidance.
- 4 or 4.5-day week (part time considered)
- Superior care and professional satisfaction of providing our own in-house OOH, while on attractive rota of approx. 1:10 weekends with a 4-day weekend the following week.
- Overnight weeknight on call 1:10, fully supported with back up from our 4 partners
- On site accommodation for on call OOH if required
- Access to and support from our 5 Certificate holders, with an established mentoring programme
- Weekly in house CPD during normal working hours
- Team buddy in addition to mentor to support your integration to the team
- Case opportunities from across the branches
- Long term career opportunities, Certificate, and Branch Management are all possibilities.
- Off rota induction programme
- Sabbatical opportunities after 24 months
Rewards and perks
- Assistance with relocation if required
- Annual leave of 33 days per year (including bank holidays)
- Regular colleague and family social events for those who want to be involved
- Internal recognition scheme
Please email email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org for further details....